siemens s7 300 npn input modules

tny

hi,
does anyone know, are there any input modules of s7 300 plcs supporting both npn and pnp types?
at the st 70 catalog, i couldn't find any information about npn modules, how can i understand that a module is npn or pnp?

Under "Input Voltage" in the specs it lists what the module expects: for the SM321-1BH50-xxxx you need to offer a "low" signal for a "1", and a "high" signal for a "0". The other modules (1BH02, 1BL00, 1BH10) are the opposite. I personally don't know of any modules that do both. There is a combined I/O module, but not for NPN.

No.

tny said:
hi,
does anyone know, are there any input modules of s7 300 plcs supporting both npn and pnp types?
at the st 70 catalog, i couldn't find any information about npn modules, how can i understand that a module is npn or pnp?

Last time I asked Siemens I was told that the modules can either be sinking or sourcing. Cannot be configured via software to do both.