Move bits between data types and locations

J2009

I am reading 32 bits from a DCS system into a DINT tag. I need to move this data into 4 INT tags. 1st 8 bits to one tag, next 8 bits to another tag and so on.

When I try to COP DINT BREAK_DATA.0 to INT BREAK_DATA.1 I get an error because data types do not match.

Is there any way to do this?

INT = 16 bits; 4 INT = 4 x 16 = 64 bits

You probably need to move a DINT (32 bits) into two INTs (2 x 16).

If this is the case then you need to use two BTD (Bit Field Distribute) instructions where the Source will be the original DINT.

The first BTD will use the Source Bit '0', the Destination will be the first INT, the Destination Bit will be '0' and the Length will be '16'.

The second BTD will use the Source Bit '17', the Destination will be the second INT, the Destination Bit will be '0' and the Length will be '16'.