PV300 problem

ctw3

Hi all,

I have a PV300 2711-M3A18L1 which was working fine, until yesterday when now on power-up, it lights the screen, but nothing is shown. The screen is just blank, but lit

Pressing buttons doesn't seem to do anything, and I can't communicate with it anymore.

Is it dead?

cheers

Charlie

All what I have found on this issue...

The power supply does not provide enough current...

I don't know if this is the case, but you may try to feed it from another source...

:confused:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Thanks for the answer, nothing has changed in the power supply department, but, my 24VDC is only 22.5VDC, could this be the problem? Mind you, it worked fine for weeks on this supply.

I can't remember if the supply voltage was closer to 24VDC at the time of hook-up

cheers

fuzzy logic said:
All what I have found on this issue...

The power supply does not provide enough current...

I don't know if this is the case, but you may try to feed it from another source...

:confused:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

I to have seen the same thing. Cheap 24VDC power supply. Bought another and put it in parallel with the first one and all was good. And yes it did work for awhile.
ctw3,
check the amp rating of your power supply.

Mickey,

24VDC @ 1.3A

Should be heaps big enough... shouldn't it?

Could the low voltage coming out if the Power Supply be more of an issue you think?

cheers

ctw3 said:
Mickey,

24VDC @ 1.3A

Should be heaps big enough... shouldn't it?

Could the low voltage coming out if the Power Supply be more of an issue you think?

cheers

That sounds like what I had at first too. Its been awhile but I think if I turned the power supply on first without the PV on and then turn on the PV it would work. But if the power supply was turned on with the PV on also it would sometimes have problems. Go figure. At any rate the extra PS worked.
If your PS is adjustable you might want to turn it up.

Last edited:
Mickey said:
That sounds like what I had at first too. Its been awhile but I think if I turned the power supply on first without the PV on and then turn on the PV it would work. But if the power supply was turned on with the PV on also it would sometimes have problems. Go figure. At any rate the extra PS worked.
If your PS is adjustable you might want to turn it up.

No difference in which order I turn things on. Non adjustable PS, I will go and buy another on Monday. Thanks Mickey

cheers