Panelview 600 with DH+ help

LMDAVE

Hello,

I have a test station on my desk consisting of a PLC-5 processor, a laptop with RsVIEW ME connected through DH+ to my PLC and a new Panelview 600 with a 2711P-RN8 DH+ adapter.

I'm new to Panelview and trying to see panelview on RsLinx.

My question is, how do you give the Panelview a station address? the only options I see on the panelview setup screen are for ethernet and IP addresses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

You have answered your own question. If you have an Ethernet PV, then you do not have a DH+ PV. You cannot set a DH+ address on an Ethernet unit.

2711p-t6c8a

I have a 2711P-T6C8A, the description is:

5.5-inch Color TFT Display, Ethernet, RS-232 & DH+ Modular Communications, AC Input

So, it appears to do all. The 2711P-RN8 is the add on DH+ module that goes on the back of the unit.

I may have a firmware for only supporting the ethernet maybe, but from the first part number description it's intended to do both.

Ah Ha. You have a panelview Plus. That is different. Your standard unit is shipped with Ethernet comms and RS-232/DH-485 connections. You go to comms in the setup screen after a restart, and select DH+ connections. Pick your device address, and OK.

I think that is where I'm havingthe problems. This is what I am seeing:

Main Menu I select Networks and Communications

from there I see:

KEPServer Serial Port ID's
Network Connections
RSLinx Enterprise Communications

I select Network Connections

Then I see:

Device Name
Network Adapters
Network Identification

I select Network Adapters

Finally, all I see there is

Built in Ethernet Controller, and that's it.

Am I missing where to select DH+?

LMDave,

I seem to remember going through this same problem recently. I think the secret handshake is: You have to download a application to the PV+ with DH+ comms enabled before the configuration dialog shows up on the PV+ config screen.

Good luck,

That seems to be the problem, I had to download a configuration to the module first with DH+ in it, and now it is working.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Hi i have the same problem , i'm using the adapter (2711p-rn8 ser a) i'm download program whit the configuration for the dh plus , but i cant see nothing in rslinx . If any person can help me to fix comunication. Many thanks to all.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum !

This is a thread that was from 12 years ago, and it deals with obsolete products. DH+ interface to PanelView Plus was never a very easy method.

The DH+ configuration is done in RSLinx Enterprise, inside FactoryTalk View Studio software.

I don't remember if the 2711P-RN6 module allowed you to "live browse" the network and see icons for the PLCs connected to it, or if you had to manually insert a PLC-5 or SLC-5/04 and enter the Station number.

The best way to troubleshoot this system is to carefully examine all the status lights, and look at the FactoryTalk Diagnostic display (you must make a screen with this object) on the PV+ for some hints about what's wrong with that configuration.

Last edited: