GE Quickpanel+ questions

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there manual for programming the application for the GE Quickpanel+?
How to use/edit the tools and widgets?
How to set up alarming?
PME (Proficy Machine edition) is sort of limited in Quickpanel help and does not describe programming the graphics.

I've never run across a programming manual. I have done a lot of work in Proficy View and most of what I know about it is self-taught. The only "manual" is Proficy Help and I've found when searching that choosing the correct search term is the key to finding what you need.
There are sometimes knowledge base documents on the GE website but their search engine sucks.

I want to set up a "selector switch" widget, but it is very gray on setting up the fields on the switch and if it can even be done with one %M (memory) bit.

I did find out that you cannot write to a %I (input) bit in Quickpanel+.... even though I have no problem doing that from Intouch.

Last edited:
I have looked at the selector switch from the toolbox, but never used it.

I normally use an illuminated pushbutton for selections.
If I use it as a toggle button, I can use the same %M for both the light and input.
If I use it as a momentary, I will have different %M.

I have also rolled my own selector using circles, rectangles and animation.
I think I used two %M bits for this. One for input and the other for animation.

The best training I found for the QuickPanel was a getting started video that was on one of the older version installation CDs.
This showed me the CTRL-Enter trick to space text on different lines.