Siemens S7400 timer value preset help

kegman

Hello,
i need some help with attaching a preset timer value to a timer. This is the scenario.

i have a conveyor system that transports 18 different products ( one product run at a time )

Each product, or format has a saved menu consisting of timer values, counters etc. These values are stored in data blocks, 101-118. One for each format.

When the operator selects a format on the touch screen HMI, the saved menu i.e Db101 ( format 1 ) is transfeered into a working menu DB100. All of the saved presets loaded into DB100 are then used within the S7 software.

i wish to add an a new timer value which will be used for all formats. However, each format requires a slightly different timer value.

I want to use one timer ( T50 ) and load the timer value stored in DB100. So, instead of inputing a S5time value i want to input DB100.DBx8.0 I will then assign DB100.DBX8.0 a value and list it in the data block as S5TIME.

Every time i try to input the Db into the TV on the timer it turns red so obviously the syntax is incorrect. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Jason

Thanks Simon,
I had already tried the DW8 but because i hadn't assigned the correct elementary type within the format and working DB's it would not let me insert.

Cheers,
Jason