WinCC Flex - Text List

juanmdx

Hi everyone,

I'm creating a proyect for a MP277 touch 10" on WinCC Flex, this is an update of an old panel, the PLC is an S5.
In the previous panel, there is a message area, but they addressed the messages like this:
Message 001 - DB 14 DD 3.0
Message 002 - DB 14 DD 3.1
Message 174 - DB 14 DD 15.3

The thing is that I know how to work with Text Lists on WinCC Flex, but I don't know how to work with them in a case like this one (I currently used the Text List but with values, as the WinCC stands ex.:
Message 001 - 1 (this is a value)
Message 002 - 2 (this is a value)
Message 174 - 174(this is a value)
, and then I related all the messages to a Tag, and if the Tag had the value 150, it displayed the message 150.

Is there a way to use Text List, but insted the value of the address I use bits??

I would really appreciate your help here.

Juan

I have had the same problem and just changed from bits to an int. One thing I have been thinking about is doing something like this in a script. When I started a project in WinCC Flexible it ran a wizard. One of the parts of this wizard is a script that displays the name of the screen at the top. By using this script you can change the text in a text field. So you could (maybe) us this in a script to look at the bits and set the text field. Its a lot of work for what you need but it could be done I think.

Is it a "text list" or an Alarm/Event message area that you are looking at?

WinCCFlex handles Alarms and Events in a similar way to ProTool.

Also your S5 adressing seems wrong? It should be DB14 D 3.0; what are these bits in the S5 Program?

I assume its a text list, because they're not alarms...

I don't know how protool works.

The double D : "DB 14 DD 3.0" is something the WinCC puts automatically and works fine.

I can make a tag for each text and on the properties specify that the text will only be visible if the bit is ON, but they're a lot and I assume there is an easiest way for doing it, it occurred to me text lists, but maybe is something else...

Sorry, I just assumed that you were "talking" about S5 addressing.
You should be able to see what the bits are used for in the S5 program; are they Alarms or Events??
In WinccFlex goto TAGS and create a "TagName" together with the other information including the "length" of the array.
Then goto "Alarms" and type in the Text Messages and set the "trigger bit" for this message from the "TagName" Array.

But is not alarms what I'm trying to show, they are messages on different screens...

Anyone knows how to work with Text List, but instead of choosing the text by a value choosing it by a PLC address??

Juan

If I understand what you desire, the answer is yes.

Text List: Create your text list and in the selection column choose "Bit number (0-31)". From your first post I think you are accustomed to selecting "Range (...-...)".

Tag: Create your tag that will select an item in the text list.

Object: Create a symbolic IO field. Make sure your text list is selected in the Content section and that your tag is selected in the Process section.

In this example using the simulator, I have a text list with Setup, Slow, Medium, and Fast. I use a tag named Tag_1 to select the text to be displayed. So 0001 selects Setup, 0010 selects Slow, and so on.

TextList.jpg

As stated above, you can index text lists with a bit number of a tag but then you're limited to 32 entries in your text list for a DWORD. I haven't tried this but you may be able to assign an array tag to a text list with an enormous number of bits, maybe worth a try.

I'm not sure what the behavior would be if more than 1 bit were true simultaneously. An alternative might be to write some S5 code to convert your bits to an int.

Nick