Average sensor value. I need Help

yasko

Ok I need a little advice. I'm using ML1200 and pressure sensor to calculate water level in one tank. When tank is in lowest level water fall and make a waves and they make my sensor incorrect. I want to take values each .1 or .2 seconds up to 20-30 values to calculate average and use it in my program. I tried few ways but no success :( any advices or suggestions ?

Have you tried searching this forum? There have been several threads dealing with this exact issue. Search for moving averages, FIFO etc.

Alaric said:
Instead of averaging you could try a first order lag filter. Less programming and CPU resources.

Ditto, heres what I use.

FV=FV+C(NV-FV)
Where:
FV= Filtered value
C= constant (range 0.0-1.0) The smaller the number the more dampening.
NV= New Value