suggestions for paperless recorder

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, I've been asked to spec a paperless recorder for a small rural system. Really basic, all they want to be able to do is record influent flow and be able to open the data is Excel.

I'm looking through USABluebook and see some options, I've been checking Honeywell's website and I've seen a few out in the field but was wondering if there is any particular solution that is a great go-to for something like this.

I have used the Honeywell unit and the Yokogawa. Both have pluse and minus.
I think Honeywell is best, SCADA wise, when you want to have an Ethernet connection to their Trend Server software, which can track batch runs and print PDf reports.
As a standalone unit..... the Yokogawa recorder does little more..and you can write on the screen.... for notes, and it gets saved with the chart.

you can write on the screen.... for notes, and it gets saved with the chart.
Honeywell has a mark the chart feature. Keyboard shows up on the touch screen and the message appears both on the trend chart and as an event message with the logged data. Or if the messages are routine, the box will hold about 20 preformatted messages, one of which can be selected from a list and edited if need be. All messages show up in a message log, to boot.

Honeywell has a mark the chart feature. Keyboard shows up on the touch screen and the message appears both on the trend chart and as an event message with the logged data. Or if the messages are routine, the box will hold about 20 preformatted messages, one of which can be selected from a list and edited if need be. All messages show up in a message log, to boot.

Yes...but with the Yokogawa, it is nice to see the notes right on the screen as you scroll.
If you have the "Batch" system set up right on the Honeywell...it really shines with the TrendServer software..