panelview 300 (keypad) computer connection

valley_brent

hi all.

i am trying to use a panelview 300 with keypad (i dont have the part number handy as im on my home computer at the moment).

when i plug the connection wire to the micrologix 1500, the comm light stays solid (as expected) and the fault keeps blinking since there is no program loaded.

i am trying to connect to the panelview with my laptop. there is a built in rs232 port that i plug my straight-through db9 rs232 cable into. I cannot see the panelview in RSLinx and the comm light on the panelview keeps blinking....

i have tried both the null-modem and straight-through...

any help would be appreciated.

rPraveenkum said:
You should use 1747-PIC/AIC driver in the RS linx software for communication with PV 300

so if i use that driver and the straight-through rs232 cable it will work?

i am going back up to site today (2 1/2 hour drive)

you should use straight-through Cable have the same Baud rare as in PV300

use the following driver in Rslinx IF it is DF1 version then Rs232 DF1 devices

If it is DH485 version then use 1747-PIC/AIC driver in Rs linx use straight-through Cable for both versions

Best of luck

rPraveenkum said:
you should use straight-through Cable have the same Baud rare as in PV300

use the following driver in Rslinx IF it is DF1 version then Rs232 DF1 devices

If it is DH485 version then use 1747-PIC/AIC driver in Rs linx use straight-through Cable for both versions

Best of luck

Read attached first If you have a PV300 Micro

Last edited: