FTView SE v7 - Alarm and Event Summary Display Filter

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have a network distributed FTView SE system, which has three clients, showing alarms for three different sections of plant. I have created filters so that the operators in each section can show only alarms relevant to them, but they don't ever use them. They do, however, complain about the amount of irrelevant alarms that are always there on their screen.

I can define an initial display filter for the display at server level, but that would then apply to all clients. Is there a way - presumably using VBA or a macro - to have each client set it's own display filter when the display starts? I'm OK with working out how to establish which client has called the display, and which filter I want, but I just can't find a way to make it apply that filter automatically.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 1.14.08 PM.png

Well, I should clearly persevere a little more with the knowledge base before posting...

Knowledge Base Article 731118 - Programmatically change the Filter in the FactoryTalk Alarm and Events Summary object in FactoryTalk View SE
TechConnect required.

It's as simple as
Code:
[Alarm/Event Summary Object Name].FilterName = "[Filter Name]"
I'm still recovering from the shock of how easy that was, given how difficult most other things involving Alarm & Event objects in FTView have proved to be :geek:

ASF,
Thanks for sharing. I know the day is coming when I'll have to tackle this and myriad other issues with Alarms & Events on our SE network system. Nice to know that at least one thing with this package is "easy".

Peco ajuda de voces, tenho meu Alarm and Event Summario
no Display Filters criei o nome Padrao - com o seguinte filtro - Alarm Class LIKE `%ALARMES%`, com este filtro visualizo no meu sumario todos os alarmes que tem a classe ALARME.
Gostaria de digitar em um String Input o nome do meu alarme, apos clicar em um botao e no sumario filtrar somente o alarme desejado.

Sera que alguem pode me ajudar?

I help you, I have my Alarm and Event Summaries
in the Display Filters I created the name Padrao - with the following filter - Alarm Class LIKE `% ALARMES%`, with this filter I see in my summary all the alarms that have the class ALARM.
I would like to type in a String Input the name of my alarm, after clicking on a button and in the summary filter only the alarm you want.

Could someone help me?