Siemens TIA 13 VMWare Problems

russg

HI,

I'm running TIA Portal V13 SP1 Update 9 on a virtual machine, but having some issue with TIA Portal crashing. I'm just wondering if someone has had these issues before and have any recommendations for VM settings?

I'm running with:

4 processors
20 GB of RAM

Thanks

It sounds to me like you have plenty of juice in the VM, that shouldn't be the source of the crashing. Sometimes it just needs to be reinstalled, and I've seen some times where the install download was bad and it needed to be re-downloaded. They've recently started putting hashes with the downloads, so that you can check file integrity afterwards.

Is it crashing at random times, or when you perform a particular action?

To me it seems random. I've just changed this which I found in Garry's link:

"Using a fast SSD improves a lot the performance of TIA Portal using a VM. It also improves if you force VMware to use only RAM for the virtual machine RAM:
Editar->Preferences->Memory->Fit all virtual machine memory into reserved host RAM"

Hopefully that can help