GE Fanuc ethernet MOVE commands

Kirkamorey

I am trying to Move large groups of information from one GE Fanuc 90-70 PLC running Versa Pro to another PLC of the same set up over an ethernet. I have a mixture of integers and discrete points to move and would like some suggestions as to which is the best way to move the Data.

Currently MOVE_INT's are being used at the send end and MOVE_BOOL's are being used at the recieve end for discretes and MOVE_INT to MOVE_INT for integers, I am not have problems with the integers although this is not the best way of doing this. The previous programmers have left a complete hodge podge of dross that I need to clean up.

Any suggestions please???

Not really interested in using %G's, thats more of an option if you have several PLC's on a large network although I have used this before but we were talking 50 cabinets with nearly 100 PLC's. With %G's I would have had to re-write the whole block and that is not an option.

I have figured it out in the mean time though, I have used MOVE_WORD's at the recieving end and mapped into byte specific %T's following on to %M's for transmittal over the serial link.

Thanks for your reply though

Actually can't believe that I didn't spot it before, thats what happens when you stare at the same screen for 12 hours trying to figure out where things are going wrong

Ethernet Global Data (EGD)

With either EGD or Genius Global Data you are not restricted to %G programming.
With both of these networks you can choose to share many combinations of %R, %M ,%T, %G.
The latest Cimplicity ME, version 4.5 has made EGD even easyer to configure.

RussB,

Would be an option if I was using a Cimplicity HMI (and ME), unfortunately I am stuck with an old c****y Intouch 7.1 unit (terrible piece of software), oh to be back in the land of a REAL GUI.

Kirkamorey,

I'm a bit confused about what your system consists of. When you originally talked about sharing data between two 90-70s over ethernet, I envisioned an ethernet module in each PLC with and COMREQ instructions in the ladder logic to set up the data transfer.

Now it sounds more like you have the Intouch application reading data from one PLC and writing it on to the other one. If the Intouch application is also acting as the HMI for both PLCs, that's probably OK, but there are more efficient ways to pass data between the two PLCs.

Steve Bailey,

Tell me about it, this is one of the worst set up's I have ever come across, unfortunately this is what I have inherited (and have to finish and get working properly), waaaaay too late to change it now.

The set up is...... 5 90-70 PLC's on a common ethernet (5th one over fibre optic due to distance constraints), 5 intouch HMI's (why intouch I don't know, would have been much easier to use Cimplicity)on a seperate ethernet (again 5th one over fiber optic link), 4 90-30's on serial link (why no ethernet???)to the four main PLC's and various other bits and bobs on serial.

Terrible set up, nightmare panels, REALLLLLY bad code (after the two previous "Programmers" worked on it for THREE YEARS), you would have thought it would be near finished, there is only 350 I/O per unit for G**d's sake, my back to back and I are basically having to re-write the whole thing on the fly, not a good situation, I hate "patching up" code, it is extremely unprofessional.