Errors when setup DeviceNet network

anhkhoi

Hi all,

I am in the first time setup the deviceNet network.
My system is redundant controllers use CompactLogix and deviceNet network.
Bus 1769: L32E controller, power PA2 and 1769-SND.
Flex IO: 1769-IB32, IB8, IE12, OB32P and MVI94-MCM.

I had configure offline for deviceNet network used Rsnetworx for deviceNet as:
- Scanner node address 00
- Flex IO node address 02

After configuration offline, I powered up deviceNet, switch scanner to idle mode and download the configuration for deviceNet.
The errors came up. Just scanner can be downloaded, other flex IO cards got errors as my attached pictures.

Anyone met this issues before and what wrong in my configuration? Pls help to advise me? We had to conduct FAT next week.

Thanks alot,
anhkhoi

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

1794-ADN adapters cannot accept a configuration change that modifies the I/O connection if an I/O connection is already established.

Object State Conflict errors are very common with this adapter during commissioning for this reason.

To fix this issue:

1. Remove the 1794-ADN from the scanlist, or disable the scanlist entry (uncheck the "Active" box), then cycle power to the DeviceNet and the 1794-ADN.

2. Download your 1794-ADN configuration.

3. Activate the I/O connections by creating them in the scanlist or checking the "Active" box.

Thanks alot, Ken.

All errors were now cleared and deviceNet is working now.
Regarding to the backup solution on deviceNet, I found (in Rockwell Automation Publication 1769-UM009D-EN-P documents) that 2 canners module 1769-SDN must be gotten firmware 3.x or later.
Firmware of 2 scanner 1769-SDN are 2.2. I tried use the ControlFlash utility to upgrade firmware (as some manual suggested) but this tool just use when firmware is 3.x or higher.

"TIP: You must use a DeviceNet network connection to update the 1769-SDN
scanner module firmware to revision 3.10 After the firmware is
updated to revision 3.10, subsequent updates to the 1769-SDN scanner
module firmware can be initiated via a controller backplane
connection."

Could you advise me how to update firmware for 1769-SDN from 2.2 to 3.x?

Thank in advance.
anhkhoi

Most Logix-family modules can be upgraded by accessing them over the backplane or over the network port.

I am not very familiar with the 1769-SDN, but it sounds like v2.x can only be upgraded over the network port.

My guess is that "You must use a DeviceNet network connection" means you must connect to the DeviceNet using a 1770-KFD, 1784-PCD, or 1784-U2DN in order to access the module via the network port.

You might also be able to bridge from one module, onto the network, to the other module to perform the 2.x -> 3.x upgrade, or use a 1756-DNB and a ControlLogix to bridge onto the network to perform this upgrade via the DeviceNet port of 1769-SDN module.

Hi Ken,

Our local RA also never work with deviceNet before and do not know how to advise...
I will try to borrow some tools as your suggestion to update 1769-SDN firmware.

Thank you very much,
ankhoi