WinCC Flex, date time display issue.

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Folks.

I have an older application that weighs pallets and prints labels for them. We used to capture the time/date of weighing, but we changed that to capture the time when the pallet was loaded.
I am sending the creation time from one S7-315 to a 2nd S7-315 that weighs and prints the labels. I am using the built in date/time data type.

The labels print fine, the DB's all have the correct data. But the HMI that displays the current weight and the proceeding 9 values, just shows ##### signs. Now, I am using the WinCC date/time viewer, I am still looking at the exact same tag and DB location as before. But now all ##### signs. The source is DB207.DBB 0 length 8.
The date time viewer only shows 6 of the 8 bytes, Yr/Mon/Dy Hr:Min:Sec, it does not show the sub second values, I think this is my issue.

Any thoughts?

I figured it out. Malfunction on my part.
I was wrong about the DB's being okay. They appeared okay at first, but the receive DB always had the wrong time. When we ran the first few, the time seemed about right..

Anyway, I was off by one pallet in my DB send, so I indexed a move block by 8 bytes (which was correct) I also Indexed the next move by 8 bytes. ( Mistake). I was using a DoubleWord Move, so the second one should have been indexed by 4 not 8. I was overwritting the current time with the previous pallet's date.