White vs Gray Wire Duct

We use grey, and I have honestly never seen a panel with white ducting in it on any piece of equipment I've opened up. I'm sure there's a reason such as cost or lead time, but until now I've never even thought about it.

Why stop at the white vs grey. How about wide or narrow finger duct?
I prefer grey and narrow.

Carry on. :)

Hot spots, flashovers?? please stay away from my panels:p

I second that... if you got shorts and burn marks you got more things to worry about than just the color of the wireway

I do like the idea for low voltage one color and high another

Definitely narrow.

How can you guys say that? for me it just depends on how many wires and what size the wire is and also the size of the cabinet, I like having room... if troubleshooting and its a tight fit its hard to trace a wire.

How can you guys say that? for me it just depends on how many wires and what size the wire is and also the size of the cabinet, I like having room... if troubleshooting and its a tight fit its hard to trace a wire.

This is in relation to the finger width, not the width of the wireway. Narrow fingers allow more slots for wires to enter/exit the wireway. I prefer narrow fingers because it gives more opportunity for wires to come out of the wireway straight (90 degrees from wireway) rather than at angles to get to/from the devices.

This is in relation to the finger width, not the width of the wireway. Narrow fingers allow more slots for wires to enter/exit the wireway. I prefer narrow fingers because it gives more opportunity for wires to come out of the wireway straight (90 degrees from wireway) rather than at angles to get to/from the devices.

Plus, for heavier gauge wire, thin fingers can be removed to put the wires through so it doesn't look odd/childish/amateurish/bad

Derail.....

"if troubleshooting and its a tight fit its hard to trace a wire."

What kind of panels are you building Mark? :-7

Back to my corner.

Who let you out of your corner in the first place

A shiny object caught my attention and I was able to wonder out while my keeper were busy with some damn cat on a train.

Trains, corners, shiny objects, cats... just where IS this going?

and how big a handbasket?

Next we will be debating Gray or Grey.

Gray and narrow for me.

I have done panels where the light blue that is available is perfect for IS wiring.