S7 200 pid

Some one

Hi every body

I am using pid block to control temperature through a Contactor(on /off) control

The problem :eek:utput is very fast pulses which is not good for the Contactor

What is the proper p, i, d values or is there a simple way to get it

By the way
Auto tune option takes much time and never ends with me

Thanks

Umm, a PID output is analog, and a contactor is a discrete output.

So I expect you are using PWM; if so, try lengthening the duration of the PWM cycle to tens of seconds or perhaps several minutes.

Even that seems like a bad idea though. A simple bang-bang thermostat control to maintain the temperature in a band around the target temperature would be better, I expect.

You could use a timer and have the PID output determine the about of time, of the timer cycle, the contactor is energized. Start at something line 100 secs.
If PID output is 45, contactor is on for 45 sec, off for 55. If PID is 10, then on for 10 off for 90. You will have to determine the best timer cycle.