Siemens

EES-Harvey

Hi,

I have very little Siemens experience and hoped you could give me a little guidance.

Given the current climate we decided to branch out a little and look at a couple of basic Siemens projects, simple conveyor application. Customer was happy and asked me to tweak a similar application on their 'in house' built one as they have broken their laptop.

The software I am running is TIA V16 and the PLC says it was programmed in v15.1 so will not let me extract the program as it says 'difference in low level component, Project and online versions are different'

How do I upload the program from the PLC to the laptop when this fault occurs please?

Any advice and guidance is very appreciated

Thanks
Harvey

Install V15.1. You can download it from the support site. Lots of versions of Portal can be installed side by side, with the exception you can only have 1 SCADA class HMI package (WinCC Prof, WinCC v7, WinCC Unified).

You V16 license covers prior versions of Portal, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Ask for a copy of the original program, you can restore it in V16 and it will convert from V15.1 to V16