RSLogix Emulate 5000

ascot01

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I recently installed RSLogix 5000 v20, Emulate 5000v20, and Linx v2.59 and licensed all three.
Everything was working fine until somehow the RSLinx module got placed in slot 5 and it would not let me remove it. It started out in slot 0 I think.
I uninstalled Emulate 5000 and re-installed, from the CD, and with Linx running the AB_VBP-1 virtual backplane driver, when I start Emulate it gives an error:
"Unable to read Virtual Backplane status. Please make sure RSLinx Classic is installed and the Virtual Backplane driver is running. Click OK to terminate the chassis monitor."
I've read through the manual and Googled but cant find solution. I'd appreciate any help before having to call TechConnect.

Thanks, I stumbled upon this thread because I just had to update Emulate 5000 from 19 to 20. Following the automated process it auto uninstalled 19 and installed 20. Got the error and started my search for answers.

As you did I uninstalled, rebooted, installed and Emulate 5000 now works.

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently Using Version 30 of Emulate 5000 and Rslogix version 30.

I am also having the same problem. I am using Windows 10 64 bit operating system.

The software and my laptop was working properly until i made a biggest mistake of doing a windows 10 update. Due to the update my total laptop went into a big problem.

Now i had totally reinstalled my windows from scratch and installed all other softwares. However only this Emulate software is not working.

Kindly if someone can help, please do help me to sort out this chapter.

Regards
Gopal