PWM and HSC

Jozir

Hey guys,

I have to configure a HSC with PWM (1000Hz) for a speed measurement but I have no Idea on how to configure this, any advice? already using 8 inputs for my sensor ( 4 normal ones 4 interrupt).
I want to sent a signal every 1 millisecond for a precise measurement.

PLC: s7-1200

Thanks!

Last edited:
HSCs don't read a PWM signal, they just read pulses. Sorry I can't help otherwise with your S7 application.

HSCs don't read a PWM signal, they just read pulses. Sorry I can't help otherwise with your S7 application.

I'm sorry I wrote it wrong.
The PWM starts sending a pulse every millisecond when my input 0.1 is high and the HSC then reads/counts those pulses. I'm planning on stopping the PWM ( and HSC if possible) when my input I0.2 gets high

Your request is still unclear to get exact help but yes you can use HSC input to process a PWM signal yet 1Khz is going to be difficult. You may have to add a pull down resistor. It sounds to me like you're using the same CPU to generate a PWM signal and feeding it back to an input.
If so are you using PWM or PTO? Try with lower frequency, around 20 Hz, to get things working and then experiment with higher frequency and a resistor.

Which version of S7-1200? Which firmware? Which TIA?

Your request is still unclear to get exact help but yes you can use HSC input to process a PWM signal yet 1Khz is going to be difficult. You may have to add a pull down resistor. It sounds to me like you're using the same CPU to generate a PWM signal and feeding it back to an input.
If so are you using PWM or PTO? Try with lower frequency, around 20 Hz, to get things working and then experiment with higher frequency and a resistor.

Which version of S7-1200? Which firmware? Which TIA?

I'm using PWM, TIA v13