Copy Rungs From Rsl 5000 To Rsl 500

jimdi4

I can copy rungs one by one and then change the addressing but is there a way to copy multiple rungs from Contrologix to a SLC 500?

Thanks!

I haven't found one yet.

The problem is that when you select multiple rungs, RSL5K copies them to the clipboard in Neutral Text mode ("XIC(Bit1)OTE(Bit2)") instead of the SLC-friendly ASCII mode. ("XIC Bit1 OTE Bit2")

You can try and selecting multple rungs (using the shift and/or control keys to assist), pasting them into Notepad, and then doing a search/replace:
open paren, close paren ==> space
semicolon ==> "EOR SOR "
left bracket ==> "BST "
right bracket ==> "BND "

You get into trouble with the comma. It's used both as a "Next branch" (NXB) and as a delimiter between numerical values in blocks ("COP(A,B,C)", and so could also go to space.

But if you're careful, you CAN do it.

Also, there's no need to search/replace on the tag names. If you have the SLC address programmed with a SYMBOL name that's the same as the existing CLX tag name, the logic will import without error. Just edit your Address/Symbol database ahead of time (a CSV import is great for this).

Good luck!

Allen,

I follow you on the whole copying to text, editing, replacing, etc but how do I reimport this now edited text file back into the SLC500 program?

I tried "selecting all" in notepad and tried "pasting" into the RSlogix 500 program but the paste function is not hilighted.

Are you re-importing this somehow?

How do you do it?

Highlight a rung, press Ctrl+A to enter ASCII edit mode, paste the whole clipboard onto one rung and press return.

That Import/Export abitlity you mentioned is for the database not the actual logic.

What was mentioned prior worked just fine.

aamof- If you ever get stuck with anything during the pasting of the ascii code you can just enter the logic as normal and do a cntrl A and see how the logic looks as an ascii file...

Thanks allot Alllen and NOP for all your help!!!! :D

and happy (or happy not) programming!!! :cool:

I know that the database can be exported, but I'm also sure that the SLC program files can be exported as well. But as I said, not being familiar with RSL5K, I would have to suspect that going the other way is possible to.