Off topic_ Breaking out of the matrix?

kalabdel

I was listening to the radio today and a discussion about Simulation Hypothesis came on and it was quite intriguing and actually entertaining. I found it appealing and as the host mentioned, freeing.

As programmers would you create a virtual reality that is like you or more advanced, with more "powers"? I mean what's the fun/sense of creating/designing a world that reflect the same short comings. But then we have many such virtual games like grand theft auto that I have never played but just checked out on you tube and it's us....criminal us.

I don't see us as being more advanced than our designers if we can not design/create a world like ours. Then we must be far less advanced then "them".

Are we like them or Pokemons?

The best designed virtual world would be one that includes autonomy as a feature. Is an advanced self learning algorithm evolutionary or an inherent flaw leading to breaking out of the matrix. Is it possible that one day we will be able to free ourselves from our perceived reality and create our own? And does freedom from control matters if we'll still be imprisoned within the confines of the designer's virtual world awaiting version upgrade or End-Of-Life (y)

btw: "13th Floor" is a good movie that came out around the time of the original "Matrix". I would highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanks harryting, I check it out as it sounds entertaining.
And to all the sceptics, when I break out of the matirx I'm leaving you all behind.

From an artistic stand we all create our own reality. We are what we are, and we do and do what we do, and what we are and what we do is how we got to this place and this reality.

From a scientific stand I can't even promise that all this is real. It feels real and looks real but everything I see and feel are just things my brain constructs from signals it receives from my senses. I can't use an ammeter to check that the 4-20mA signal is right for the stimulus the sensor is receiving. If you are living in a world where things are certain and set in stone then you are already creating your own warped reality.