Let’s practice brain!

Ukrainian

Let’s practice brain!
Please, try to wire three momentary pushbuttons (containing NO/NC contacts), three lights, one horn, and hot/neutral Power Points. Do not add any other elements.
Result must be as following:
-When press PB1, L1 only goes ON, and horn goes ON. When release PB1, L1 goes OFF, and horn goes OFF.
-When press PB2, L2 only goes ON, and horn goes ON. When release PB2, L2 goes off, and horn goes OFF.
-When press PB3, L3 only goes ON, and horn goes ON. When release PB3, L3 goes off, and horn goes OFF.

solution.gif

This is a joke, right?

If not, when Ken pushed PB1 a light went on but it wasn't the light in the drawing. (it was the "Oh, no, here we go..." light).

You did it fast!

Ken Moore said:
Okay, I finished the first assignment.
This first assignment took me 30 minuts 30 years ago.The way it looked was so simple! But, when I gave it to others- it was fun... For someone it took forever, for someone 30 days, for someone 2 days to find right solution. So, you look great about thinking fast. May I see your solution to evaluate?

Y'all do realize its a trick? Gotta use them thar N.C. contacts ..otherwise any ol PB would set off horn and all lights.

Re: You did it fast!

Ukrainian said:

This first assignment took me 30 minuts 30 years ago.The way it looked was so simple! But, when I gave it to others- it was fun... For someone it took forever, for someone 30 days, for someone 2 days to find right solution. So, you look great about thinking fast. May I see your solution to evaluate?

Sounds like a great way for students to get their homework done!!

or am I too cynical?

Paul

Re: Re: You did it fast!

PLucas said:

There are 10 types of people in this world..
Those who understand binary and those who don't!
Paul
Personaly, for me- understanding binary helped me 95% to complete the solution.

I see that Ukranian's occupation (in his profile) is STUDENT!!

I hope that aint a bad thing. I reckon I could always say I am a student but right now I am enrolled at UAB.

Ifn ya have a problem with this "test" just look up or think about using 3 & 4 way light switches. This would be a roll your own example.

I dont believe I dont have those switch examples online.

Binary or a truth table would help some to understand it.

I dunno, Ken. I don't think this is going to get a passing grade. I thought that the point was to do it hard wired, and there are only two contact blocks on each switch. Your post has each pushbutton used more than twice!

Well now Ken in ladder that works ok
BUT
You got the PB 1 connected thru PB2 NC, PB2 NC is also wired direct to L3 ..with hardwiring wouldnt both lights come on?

And what Tom said.

Last edited:
Re: I'm easy, but not cheap

Ken Moore said:
Just think in ladder

That might work in ladder with multiple contacts, but it won't work here, unless you can add contacts as needed to the PB's.

Your drawing would look a little more like this:

revd.gif

Guilty as charged!

Once again my mouth (or fingers in this case) has written a check that my brain couldn't cash.
shutit

Just took a quick look, and responded without thinking (very much anyway)