Twido and Proface :/

rev667

Hi folks,

Currently I have on my desk a small Twido PLC part no. TWDLCDA16DRF (9 inputs, 7 outputs)

Also I have a Proface AGP3600GT colour touch HMI

I have made a cable for comms between the 2, using RS-485

The program in the twido is a simple start/stop.

M100 or M0 and not M101 out M0

M0 out Q0.0 (just to light an output)

The Proface has 2 'buttons' start and stop, mapped to M100 and M101 the 'lamp' option is enabled and is mapped to M0 so the green button start lights up and the red stop button lights when stopped.

All works fine.

However, I also have a new Twido TWDLCAE40DRF (24 in 16 out) which despite identical system settings etc, and the same ladder refuses to work fully, I get a proface error 'out of range'

If I remove the 'lamp' options from the pair of buttons it works fine.

Anyone any clues?

It appears the HMI will 'send' data (the buttons work) but can't 'read' from the PLC (the lamps don't work)

Proface say it's a Twido problem, and Schneider say it's a Proface problem...

RevJim

I have tried using the supposed correct comms cable using plain old RS232, exactly the same problems.

Strange one. Did you know Schnieder actually own Proface. They bought them out along with citect. The Schnieder HMI's are almost identical except the Software. I have used the TWDLCAE40DRF with a Schnieder colour HMI(Visio designer) and all works pukka. I have also used Proface colour (GP Pro EX 2.6) but only with Siemens and no problems. I would tell schnieder you are using one of there screens and then let them tell you the settings etc for visio designer which you can then apply straight to the Proface GP pro EX even then you can tell Proface what the settings are meant to be and they are very helpful.
By the sounds of things your cable and hardware are correct as comms is established. Try adding 100 to everything ie m0 now becomes m100 etc I do know some bits are special.

I hope to get the Proface rep in on Monday, think it may be something to do with the modbus driver, I am using GP-Pro-EX v2.2 (latest is 2.6) maybe Schneider altered the twido protocol slightly the one that works is old, the one that don't work is brand new

Thanks for the reply :)

Rev