WinCC Flexible and Data logging

Prince

OK! OK! I know! If I know the PLCs that doesn't mean that I can touch the HMI. But you know HMI Panels were fun and up to now very easy to work with, and now I have a problem with WinCC Flexible...
Up to know my projects with WinCC Flexible were Just normal Recepies, Data presentation or trends and WinCC had everything ready for me. just put the object in place, read the help file, parameter it and let it go. but this time I wanted to do something bigger. My customer asked me to make a Log of any Pipe that he produces in a database consisting of different fields including pipe_number, size and different conditions of production. I thought the hardest part will be tracking all the information to a record in a DB and I thought WinCC will have an object to Log these records and to show them on a Panel.
Checking the WinCC I could find a Data Logging system but it can just be shown in a trend. I saw that it can log the files in a .csv file but that will mean that I must write another application (Access or VB)to manage them. and the operator must open and manage the data from another program. my customer won't like it for sure. Isn't there a way to show them with WinCC? if not I am in a big trouble I am more in PLCs and Inverters than in PC software. I checked different ways using the installed Activixes in Access but they don't seem that easy to work with...
I am not an HMI proffessional but I think this problem is a classic problem in HMI industry. Can anybody show me the easy and common way to do this?

Hello Prince.

Is your HMI a panel or a PC RT ?
If it is a panel, then there is a ready-to-use sample at Siemens support:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/22726112

If it is a PC RT, then you must adapt the Visual Basic scripts. This because scripts on Win CE are not the same as scripts on "regular" Windows (thank you Microsoft !).
If you need I can try to locate an adaptation that I made for PC RT.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind answer
It is a PC RT
I can not open the second link
The first links needs WinCC Flex 2005. my WinCC is 2004. do I have a way out of it?

Last edited:
Thanks Jesper

I think the second one fixes my problem. I am understanding it somehow and I will try to upgrade to 2005 as soon as possible...