Rockwell System Architecture

Mihir_007

Hello folks,

We have a huge rockwell's critical control network installed in plant. For which for individual system, i want to generate a network architecture.
Is there any software available from rockwell or any other vendors that can identify the instal software and can let us know in which manner the system architecture is installed. i.e., from where ethernet cable is going to which device.

Thanks.🤞🏻

someone else had the same question here http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=687494

1. If you are using managed switches each switch will tell you what MAC address is on each port. Then go to each device and record it's MAC address usually printed on the device, or associate IP addresses with MAC addresses for ARP table.
2. unplug a cable and see which port on which switch has the link light turn off
3. one person recommended http://www.solarwinds.com/network-topology-mapper.aspx but maybe it only works on managed switches

It is surprising that such a critical network would not have documentation.
Maybe the network integrator has it and you can contact them?

If not then the network cabling should at least be labeled. If you made a hand sketched map of all the devices and cables you would at least have a start.
I think a lot of the network mapping software would have difficulty giving you a good representation through routers and firewalls, only the local subnet.