Ignition--Help writing a variable string into a table's column

ABnewb

Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

I'm trying to incorporate a table into each motor's faceplate. It's a simple, two columned table that will indicate a motor's interlock status. Basically just showing an operator why the motor won't start.

It's a simple two columned table. Column A will be the interlock name, which is a string tag in my UDT. Column B will be a binary representation of that interlock.

When the interlock is true, there will be a checkmark in column b of it's row. If it's false, the checkmark will be cleared and that row will turn yellow.

I've attached pictures of what I'm working with. Under my UDT "ILOCK1" is the true/false state of that interlock and "ILOCK NAME" is the string name of the interlock.

If there's a nicer looking way of accomplishing the same result, I'd be interested in hearing about that as well.

ilock table.jpg UDT.jpg

Here is an example of how I did something similar. I originally was going to use something directly in the table to show the Boolean status of an interlock such as a check box like you. However, the scripting was a bit more involved than I wanted and you would have to keep running it while the window was open to capture any changes the tag state. Plus I was this was a late addition so crunched for time.

I ended up just using a multi-state indicator on each row of the table and directly linked the tag. Simpler solution and got the job done. All of my text was stored in a SQL table, so the table object itself just pulls in the text via SQL binding.

I have 16 interlocks possible, visibility set based on the number of rows in the dataset.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

You can try by declaring all your interlocks as diagnostic alarms and then using alarm status table with filtering set to diagnostic.