ControlLogix to SLC via Digi ONE IAP

WildeKurt

I'm trying to communicate with an SLC 5/03 from a ControlLogix with a MSG instruction. The 5/03 is connected via a Digi ONE IAP module which is working fine for RsLinx communications. I seem to be having a problem initiating communications from the Logix processor though. I have the packet routing (destination table) set up for node 0 (not sure where this comes into play with a Logix MSG instruction). I assume this is similar to the NET-ENI's routing table.

I've tried (on the Logix end) SLC typed read and CIP and Allen Bradley Ethernet and Ethernet/IP on the Digi end. Anyone try this before? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kurt

I'm trying to communicate with an SLC 5/03 from a ControlLogix with a MSG instruction. The 5/03 is connected via a Digi ONE IAP module which is working fine for RsLinx communications. I seem to be having a problem initiating communications from the Logix processor though. I have the packet routing (destination table) set up for node 0 (not sure where this comes into play with a Logix MSG instruction). I assume this is similar to the NET-ENI's routing table.

I've tried (on the Logix end) SLC typed read and CIP and Allen Bradley Ethernet and Ethernet/IP on the Digi end. Anyone try this before? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kurt

I don't think you need to do anything to a routing table for it to work.

I have messages from a Compactlogix to a SLC 5/04 behind a Digi module and the MSG is very straightforward. I chose SLC Typed Write and the communication method is CIP and the path is LocalENB, 2, 192.168.100.151 in my case.