ControlLogix L73 (RSLogix5000): Mode Decoder?

This app has multiple modes which control different combinations of pumps, valves, instruments, etc. I'd like to do this using bit control. What's the best way? Is there a built-in programmable "ModeDecoder" I can use, or do I have to code it all out in brutalized logic?

Hint ...

CLR ModeBits
OTE ModeBits.[ModeNumber]

Indirect Addressing

If brute force logic is clearer, then I use brute force logic.

I'd rather have a set of a dozen rungs that literally looked like a truth table than a clever indirect addressing rung.

If brute force logic is clearer, then I use brute force logic.

I'd rather have a set of a dozen rungs that literally looked like a truth table than a clever indirect addressing rung.

Each to their own, Ken. I don't think indirect addressing is "clever", nor is it difficult to understand.

Most Bubbas worth employing understand a number inside square brackets that specify an array element, so it's not a great leap for them to understand how a tag name or an expression inside the brackets can be evaluated down to the array element number.

If indirection allows me to write one rung of code instead of n rungs of code, then I'll use, and teach, the least "expensive" method, in terms of memory usage, and execution time.

In another thread, the OP posted an application that decodes a two-digit thumbwheel switch using eight inputs.... it was done "brute-force" with 20 rungs of code, 10 for each decade, then the 2 partial results had to be added together to form the result. I resisted the temptation to shout FRD !