Need a switch.....Four in.........one out

What happens to the CTs that are switched off (open) at any given time?

I seem to recall a warning about always shorting the CT when not connected to a load.

I thought the same thing originally but the OP did say that his signals are 4-20mA, so they must have a built in transmitter.

If he was directly switching the CT secondaries then yes, the unused ones would be shorted by the switch, which would have make before break contacts as appropriate to make sure the secondaries weren't open circuited.

Otherwise, things can go bang in quite a spectacular fashion.

Similar Topics

Anyone know of USA built or assembled un-managed industrial Ethernet switch. 4, 5 and or 8 port configurations? Thanks,
Replies
Views
Hi, Can someone help me out? Please excuse my terminology because I'm a complete newcomer to PLCs. The PLC at work is modular/expandable and...
Replies
Views
So I have a customer who has a large machine with a 16 port Stratix switch. They want to drop an Ethernet from the main plant to the Stratix...
Replies
Views
Heya guys, I got few mixing tank that i need to add safety on their door to make them safe and was thinking the best solution so far would be...
Replies
Views
dear all what is the difference between SEW BSG 825 459 && BS24 826 763 I asked about the usage as I see the circuit diagram are the same for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom