Historian

shoopman

Hello all, this is my first post. I have come across this forum numerous times in trying to answer questions, so I figured I might as well join.

I am our company's programmer, as of a year or so ago. All of my training has been OTJ and self-taught.

We are working on an upcoming project and it's rather small in scale, I think it'll be under 1000 tags of data.

We are using Productivity3000 P3-550E PAC, with a few local expansion racks, and InduSoft Web Studio for HMI. I hooked up InduSoft Web Studio to log data every second into PostgreSQL, and I will output all of the previous day's data to a .CSV file a shade after midnight.

The client/partner is going to have their own database, probably Microsoft SQL Server. They will incorporate the .CSV files into their database. We will also be writing data directly to their database from the P3K PAC with DataWorx P3K.

I am trying to figure out which Historian to use. We plan on only keeping a 90 day working database on the Postgres database. If somebody wanted to look up data from six months ago, and not have to go dig through a .CSV file to see it, what would be some good options for a Historian or visualization package? I have zero experience with them. I've read up on them, but no hands on experience. Thanks.