Omron sysmac C4k-TM

Abigail

Hi to all,

I have a project to upgrade an existing Omron plc, C28k, into CP1E. The original backup program copy is available. I need some assistance on the following issues;

1. There is a code in C28K, which is MPRF, but not in CP1E. Checking the list of instructions in CP1E, it seems the replacement is the IORF. Am I correct to use this instruction?

2. There is a analog timer module, C4K-TM. I tried looking for any manual in the web, but no luck. I wanted to know, how this analog timer works, so that I could modify the program code. Could somebody point me in the correct link, to be able to download the manual.

3. On the HMI side, the existing NT21-ST121-E, will be replaced with NB series HMI. I just noticed the tag address being used in NT. It is like bit address = D0001207, and when I searched in the program, there is no address matched. If I just take the last 3 remaining digit, there is a similar bit address. So, is D0001207 is just D2.07?

Thank you for your feedbacks.

Regards.
Leo

Hi Leo,

1 - There was not instruction in the K series named MPRF. This could have been IORF(97) - I/O REFRESH. Please look at the function code for the number. This number may have been interpreted incorrectly by the software that you used to download the program.
http://www.omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/plc/cxxk/w146e15_c20k_c28k_c40k_c60k_operation_manual.pdf

2 - This analog timer modal sets a time from 0.1 sec to 10 minutes. There are 4 channels to view. You can find this in section 1-1-3 Analog Timer Unit.
http://omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/plc/cxxk/w147e31_c20k_c28k_c40k_c60k_installation_guide.pdf

3. The NT21-ST121-E came out long after the C28K PLC. Communication happens by setting up a block of DM areas in the PLC to communicate. Everything gets passed through this block of DMs. Please refer to the following manual:
http://www.omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/nt/v068e101.pdf
You must have a host link unit attached to the C28K CPU. A RS232 Cable (25pin) from the host link to the NT21 port (9pin). Interesting combination.

Regards,

Hi Garry,

Thanks for the links, I've already downloaded the files and will get the information I need.

regrds.
Leo