Repairing a WW Intouch App?

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am having some issues with a standalone WW Intouch app faulting during startup (Intouch 10.5).

I am aware of how to completely rebuild the app....by making a new one and importing the tagname database, windows, and scripts. "Restoring a Corrupt InTouch® Application"-Tech Note 774.

I don't really want to go thru this unless I have to. This app has 18,300 tags, 155 windows, and 300 scripts.

However there was another Tech Note on how to "clean up" the app and restart, causing it to rebuild itself.
It involved deleting all the retentive.* files and deleting some other files (including the *.wvw files...I think) and restarting.

Does anyone know what Tech Note this is?..It may not be a tech note..

Last edited:
I always put a batch files the the application folder to clean it up before making a backup. It deletes the following:
del *.?bk
del *.wvw
del *.aeh
del *.alg
del *.avl
del *.$$$

I also know the .wvw files are the compiled files it uses to run. That is a way some SI's will secure their stuff is to leave the wvw and delete the win files. Then it will run but no way to make changes. I hate those SI's and feel no pain for the customers stupid enough to hire one.

I always put a batch files the the application folder to clean it up before making a backup. It deletes the following:
del *.?bk
del *.wvw
del *.aeh
del *.alg
del *.avl
del *.$$$

I also know the .wvw files are the compiled files it uses to run. That is a way some SI's will secure their stuff is to leave the wvw and delete the win files. Then it will run but no way to make changes. I hate those SI's and feel no pain for the customers stupid enough to hire one.

I have pondered zipping up the *.win files into a password protected zip file...but I have not...yet.
Only because I have had more than 1 customer take my work and duplicate to all the other equipment in their plant. So.. I sort of view it a little different than you do.
I am not an SI, I am an OEM, that also occasionally does SI work also.
If you are an end user....I feel your pain.

Last edited: