C200h-cpu01 c200h-ip007 usb-cif02

purvisl

I am a newbie with Omron. I have a customer with a C200H-CPU01. They have purchased the C200H-IP007 peripheral unit to connect CX-One Programmer. I have a USB-CIF02 cable that I purchased off the internet. I powered down the unit and mounted the C200H-IP007 and then powered the unit back up. I connected CX-One Programmer with the USB-CIF02. I tried the auto online feature and CX could not connect. I would see the comm light on the IP007 flash as CX-one tried different settings. I then went on a manual hunt of setting to try to communicate but had no luck. I have several questions:

1. Do I need to use the CQM1-CIF02 (ie the USB unit has issues)?
2. Do dip switches on the front of the IP007 need to be in a particular position?
3. If I punt and add a C200-LK201-V1 to an empty slot, can I get online after powering up or will this fault the processor until I get online.

This PLC is 2 1/2 hours away from the office so I want to get all ducks in a row before heading back out.

The unit also has a C200H-MR831 memory module and has one empty slot.

Purvisl,
The C200H-CPU01 was discontinued in 2001.
Omron has not sold Host Link units for a long time.
You can find them on ebay.

I have not worked with the IP007 and documentation is scarce.
I would guess the dip switches would need to be set.
It is also possible the Omron CQM1-CIF02 might be required.

The C200H did not have an IO table like newer hardware.
You should be able to install the LK201 in the empty slot and power up the unit with out faulting, if I remember correctly.

Good luck.

I am purchasing a C200H-LK201-V1 on ebay today. I have ordered the cable that goes with it also.

I will carry a real CQM1-CIF02 with me and try the IP007 again.

Thanks for the info on the empty slot and powering up. I will try this again this Friday.

OK, I still need some help. I tried to use a real CQM1-CIP02 to talk to the C200H-IP007. Could not get it to work. There are like 20 dipswitches that I have no idea how to set them and cannot find a manual online.

I installed the C200H-LK201-V1 in the rack and used the new USB C500-CN221-EU that I purchased. I had sw1=0, sw2=0, sw3=5, sw4=1 per another post I fould. The switches on the back are 1 off, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off, slide at 0V. I could not get online.

I purchased use off ebay another C200H-CPU01 with a C200H-MR851 and a C200H-BC081-V2 rack. I put the C200H-LK201-V1 on this rack and still same problem. I created a WinXP virtual machine and installed CX-One in it. Still same problem.

The C200-LK201 has a green run LED. The rec led will flash while cx-one is trying to connect. Sometimes the transmit light will flash once. The error led will usually come on before the cx-one completes the auto online sequence.

I am at wits end. I guess I will try to make a cable next but I really do not believe the cable is the problem. The supplier of the LK201 said it was tested before being put on on ebay.

Any help is appreciated.

purvisl,
My notes show C200H-LK201 Sw 4 should be set to 2.

Here is a link to the Host Link Manual.
http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/Networks/Host_Link/W143-E1-7.pdf

The C200H original cables would all have been serial.
USB to serial adapters are not all created equal.
Certain chipsets may not be compatible with some hardware.

GeniusInTraining's cables are very good. Not sure which chipset is being used. I have not personally tried his cables with C200H hardware.

My thought would be to get the Omron CS1W-CIF31 USB to serial adapter and build cables. Omron fully supports this adapter and should be able to assist you with configuration and getting this to connect to the C200H-LK201. The manual above shows the correct pinout on pdf page 24.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jeff,

I guess im a little confused, should he be using a C500-CN221-EU, thats what purvisl bought, I have sold over 100 so I dont think compatibility is the issue

The chip set is a CH340 in that cable

Hi Mark,
I just checked and that does appear to be the correct cable.
I did not mean to question your product.
I just know some of the older Omron hardware was a bit fussy.

My only thought was since purvisl is having a tough time with this, if he is using Omron hardware he should be able to get support to help sort it out.

I know tech supports first question will be what cables are you using, and if not Omron, that will be the end of the conversation.

Hope this makes sense?
Thanks!

Hi Mark,
I just checked and that does appear to be the correct cable.
I did not mean to question your product.
I just know some of the older Omron hardware was a bit fussy.

My only thought was since purvisl is having a tough time with this, if he is using Omron hardware he should be able to get support to help sort it out.

Hi Jeff

I knew you weren't questioning function of the cable... I just thought maybe it was the wrong model, he first was asking about the CIF02 but bought the C500-CN221-EU so I want to make sure he was using the correct one

I know tech supports first question will be what cables are you using, and if not Omron, that will be the end of the conversation.

Hell they buy my cables to ;)

Thanks for the help!

Ok I made up a cable like the following:
DB9 DB25
2--------------2
3--------------3
5--------------7
4---| |--4
6---| |--5

7--|
8--|
and still no joy! Any suggestions. I am using CX-One ver 9.6 under WinXP with a Omron CS1W-CIF31.

I would be chucking the old tiger away and replacing with a CS1 - bloody power supply dies and you are stuffed! Been there before.

I would agree with geniusintraining.

I would suspect the Host Link is bad.
Can you request the vendor send you a different unit?

Regarding the C200H-IP007. Did you contact Omron Tech Support for assistance setting the dip switches? You can contact them at 1-800-556-6766. They should be able to get you that information.

BobB has a valid point also.
The CS1 has a backplane that supports C200H I/O.

Do you have a copy of the C200H program?
CX-Programmer would convert the program, but some modification would be required.