Configurable/Dev. mode visible Static Text in FTView Global object

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a way to create a global object in FTView SE that would allow me to configure some static text in the instances that can be edited at the instance level?

My issue is when I use global objects, I would like it if I could have some static text that I could configure like a parameter but have it be visible on the display in dev mode so I can use it to label the objects on the display in dev mode. I know how to set up a dynamic reference to a PLC string and use that as a label, but then all the labels show as ssssss in dev mode which makes it tough to keep track of things without having to always switch to the client to check. Right now I'm just using a separate text object next to my global objects and using those as labels...it adds a bit of work to update them, but at least I can keep track of which objects are which that way.

I'm using FTView SE v8.2.

Any tips appreciated...

There is no way that I know of.

You could try grouping your global object with a text object, and put that into a Library display. But that's no different than what you are doing now.