DCS signature Fanuc update

Amy_Fields

Could someone help me out and explain how to update a new DCS signature? For example if a Fanuc servo motor is replaced on the robot and remastered, how would I update the DCS signature in a Guardlogix 1756L7S processor that communicates through ethernet to the controller.

Thanks

I'm assuming that your application matches what the Guardlogix is programmed to match what the Robot's DCS is reporting (or its in the h/w definition).
You can find the DCS signature of the Robot by using the pendant:

[menu][0:next][6:system][F1][8] key sequence will take you to the DCS directory.
use the arrow keys to move down to selection 16: Signature Number and press enter. You'll find the (4) DCS signatures listed there in decimal.

You'll need the Safety add-on or RSLogix/Studio 5000 Pro version to edit the safety routines or devices.

Last edited: