rockwell borrow activation between 2 laptops

Option 1:

Rehost the license. You can do this 3 times in a year.

Option 2:

Set up a 3rd PC, say, a desktop in the office as the license server and have either laptop borrow from the server.

Option 3:

Setup one of the PC as the server and have the other PC borrow license as needed.

jkerekes's "use a dongle" must be option 0 then....

actually it is the easiest way, I use my dongle to activate software on my home desktop, two laptops, and a couple of clients' machines when working on-site.

No worries about not being able to connect to an "activation server" when needed.

Plus it is a 2GB memory stick, so the .LIC license files can be transported with the activations.

The only drawbacks are....

1. You must remember to take it with you wherever you go... (not failed yet).

2. You have no "plan B" if it stops working.

3. It sticks out the side of my laptops, not the rear, so is a bit exposed to being knocked.

Hi can anyone tell me how I can borrow an rockwell activation between 2 laptops thanks stu
What type of activation? Older EVRSI or Factory Talk?
If Factory Talk:
- Is there the activation client or server installed in each computer?
- Is the activation tied to the hard disk serial# or to the MAC address?

Can you see over the network the computer with the activation? If so you can point the computer that you need the activation on to the computer with the activations. Just tell the Activation Manager where to look.