Feedback cable length for MP series motors

tjntjntjn

Hi everyone.

I have a question about feedback cable for rotary servo motors MP series. I know that maximum cable length can be 90 meters but my question is: Can I have two lengths of "one" cable? Example. 5 meters of 2090-CFBM7DF-CDAF30 going from the motor to a junction box and then 25 meters from junction box to the drive in the main panel. The cable would be connected in the junction box using terminal blocks. Can it be done and if so, do I need to use "special" terminal blocks?
Has anybody done it?

Thank you

Hi everyone.

I have a question about feedback cable for rotary servo motors MP series. I know that maximum cable length can be 90 meters but my question is: Can I have two lengths of "one" cable? Example. 5 meters of 2090-CFBM7DF-CDAF30 going from the motor to a junction box and then 25 meters from junction box to the drive in the main panel. The cable would be connected in the junction box using terminal blocks. Can it be done and if so, do I need to use "special" terminal blocks?
Has anybody done it?

Thank you

While I suspect that it would work, I was advised against doing so in a recent upgrade that I did for a client's burning table. Instead, I had to bundle the excess cable that was shipped in pre-cut lengths. I had wanted to eliminate some excess cable length by terminating the cable on a terminal board.