1715 AENTR not retaining IP after disabling bootp

FASEELATH

Hi there,

Can anyone can give a clue on why 1715 AENTR not retaining its IP after Power failure. i did disable bootp and static ip configured through rslinx

waiting for suggestion

This is a 1715-AENTR, an adapter for the 1715 series Redundant I/O system.

Because it has a Redundant Ethernet interface, it works a little differently than other adapter products, though it uses the same BOOTP/DHCP and RSLinx tools to configure it.

Are you following carefully the instructions beginning on page 111 of the User Manual, Publication 1715-UM001 ?

If you are not giving the module a valid IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway then it will not accept them.

Also be sure you are not configuring the higher-MAC-ID second interface; that's done automatically, as described in the user manual.

I would try to set the IP only with one 1715-AENTR locked in.
Then do a power cycle and see if it retained the IP.
Verify by checking with a DOS ping and then if you can see it in RSLinx. If it pings and it does not show up in RSLinx in depth troubleshooting is needed. I would call ControlLogix TechSupport.
If I remember right there is a collection tool that can be used to get logs out.
http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ion.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=68174
Have the log ready when you call in. I know I've been asked for it.
Good Luck.

EINNH: 1715-AENTR do not have switches. I know .. I tried to find them too ;) and no display either...just LED's .. maybe in the future ..I hope.

Best of Luck !

It accepts the IP, and i do all configuration and loop checking, all IO's available until power down, Only trouble is not retaining the IP after Power cycle. Exactly followed as per manual, disabled bootp.

after that only today i am opening forum i am bad..

I promise I will be an active member from now not only when I need something to help others too.