Weintek HMI EasyBuilder Pro moving shapes

Thanks, but the cross-hair is not predetermined. If my display is 800*480 pixels. I what the cross-hairs to show me speed (horizontal axis) and torque (vertical axis. Its bi-directional as is 4-quadrant. So I would like speed to be shown by the vertical line that moves horizontally between -speed_Max and +speed_Max and the torque by the horizontal line that scrolls vertically between -torque_Max and +torque_Max.

for example, if I was at 0 speed and 0 torque I would expect the cross hairs to centre on pixels 400,240 (reference top left corner of display). Or 50% positive speed and 50% positive torque to centre 600,120. so essentially I think I have to keep the two lines that make up the cross hair independent and just scrolling along a particular axis.

Yes the horiz and vert lines need to be independant.

My Animation array was DINT[30], I don't think you'll need REAL, as the movement is pixelated anyway.

FWIW, I would do the scaling in the PLC, much easier to work with....

Last edited:
... cont.

Y-axis acaling on the analog input is reversed, because the HMI "y" scale is 0 at the top, not the bottom.

2017-01-17_131418.jpg 2017-01-17_131441.jpg 2017-01-17_131534.jpg

Last edited:
... cont.

Y-axis acaling on the analog input is reversed, because the HMI "y" scale is 0 at the top, not the bottom.

Your MOV does not look to be putting the data into a DINT array, unless i'm mistaken? if it were a DINT Array, would the destination be Animation.1 as opposed to Animation [1]? I'm struggling a little to see how you've implemented this from the PLC end? I know if I set up a REAL array it doesnt show as an available tag in the the EasyBuilder Pro list for the moving shape?

Your MOV does not look to be putting the data into a DINT array, unless i'm mistaken? if it were a DINT Array, would the destination be Animation.1 as opposed to Animation [1]? I'm struggling a little to see how you've implemented this from the PLC end? I know if I set up a REAL array it doesnt show as an available tag in the the EasyBuilder Pro list for the moving shape?

Ok, i've just seen, its an INT array

You can only animate from Integer-type tags, I believe, so that's SINT, INT, or DINT. In the example I created, Animation is a DINT array.

You seem to be confused as to correct specification of elements and bits...

Animation.1 would address bit 1 of a single integer-type tag named Animation. The "dot" delimiter signifies "bit number".

Animation[1] addresses element 1 of an array tag called Animation. That array could be of any data-type, which is why we use the term "element" not "word" or anything else.

In my case the array was a DINT array, so the element number directly relates to the unique DINT within the array.

Combining the two delimiters gets to a bit address, e.g.

Animation[12].31 addresses bit 31 of the DINT Animation[12].

HTH

Wow, great reply. Complete misunderstanding on my part. Thanks for all your help on this, everything looks to be working aces now. Really cant thank you enough.

I want to control if the cross-hair is visible or not by a BOOL. So currently the cross-hair is made up of two lines that are pictures. Each line/picture has 2 states, state 0 is a transparent state and state 1 is the line. How/where do you define the bit as the state trigger in the moving object?

I guess I could get round the visibility issue by triggering a different screen in that particular mode. Is this possible? Is there a way to trigger (a goto function) a screen based on a BOOL or INT value, without having to manual select via a button?

I want to control if the cross-hair is visible or not by a BOOL. So currently the cross-hair is made up of two lines that are pictures. Each line/picture has 2 states, state 0 is a transparent state and state 1 is the line. How/where do you define the bit as the state trigger in the moving object?

If you map the BOOL visibility bit to bit 0 of the first of the 3 animation array addresses, then that DINT will show values of 0 (bit 0 off), or 1 (bit 0 on). Do not drive any other bits on in that DINT.

The line would then disappear for visibility bit OFF (state 0), and appear when visibility bit is ON (state 1).

I don't know why they didn't attach "Security" to drawing objects so you could make them visible/not visible, just like dynamic objects.

Sometimes I do find strange the way they have gone about some aspects.... For instance I enquired as to how to make diagonal lines change colour, and in response they introduced "Dynamic Drawing" feature. That "feature" needs 9 tags !! to specify what to draw (eg. cicle, square, line), where to draw it, what colour, blink attributes, etc.

My displays had something like 50 diagonal lines each (5 displays), so adding them as "Dynamic Drawing" objects would have needed a big array in the PLC, just to draw lines !! My application also wouldn't have let me change the PLC code either, so that was a no-go approach.

I ended up creating my own multi-state "Shape" bit-maps. and got it working that way. The "line-colouring" tags already existed in the PLC, so I was good-to-go. Only thing I couldn't do was blink them, but the client accepted an alternative solid colour instead of "blinking".

I guess I could get round the visibility issue by triggering a different screen in that particular mode. Is this possible? Is there a way to trigger (a goto function) a screen based on a BOOL or INT value, without having to manual select via a button?

Yes, but don't go there, more trouble than it's worth....

Previous post will solve your visibility issues..

Thanks, I will give that a go. I think the switching windows option is the indirect/direct window elements. I'm really trying to get to grips with this!