Unity Pro S + Altivar 320 VFD

jfischerr

Good Afternoon Guys,

I am learning/using Unity Pro S. It is very new to me as most of my experience is with Automation Direct and Allen Bradley. I have a M340 processor and am attempting to control some Altivar 320 VFDs through an NOE 0100 module. I believe I have my i/o scanning set up correctly, but I am confused on how to actually control the drives. We are only looking to start/stop and set Hz. I feel like I'm reading the manual over and over with no progress. Can anyone send me to a better instruction guide or have an example of how to set this up?

I should probably mention I am programming offline because they are still building the panel out in the shop and just want to eliminate as many possibly problems as I can ;)

Thanks!

Joe

Hi,

You can't just turn on the VFD by classical start/stop and by changing frequency. You need to control CMD (Control word) and ETA (Status word), and LFRD (Speed setpoint). After switching on and when an operating mode is started, Altivar goes through a number of operating states - so called State Machine. There is diagram in manuals.