What vision system you recommend?

tarik1978

In Bleach filling line, we want to check the secondary packaging at end of line for :
1)Missing bottles
2)Missing caps
3)Missing sleeve
4)Mix-up of cap colors
The line has Slc 5/04
The max speed is 10 cases per min
What vision system you recommend that will performe with cost effectif
Thanks for your feedbacko_O

I see a lot of vision products used by Cognex or Keyence. As far as which model, I always get the local sales representative involved to advise and test with the actual product to see which one will provide the "best bang for the buck".

I've used both Keyence and Cognex for vision application, and would recommend both as options. From my experience, the Keyence setup tools are a little easier to use. As jstolaruk mentioned, we normally try to have a representative come in and perform some real-world testing with their equipment.

As jstolaruk mentioned, we normally try to have a representative come in and perform some real-world testing with their equipment.

They did the same for us and gave us the equipment no charge for the first one... great customer service !

Cognex

But I strongly recommend that you have the cognex rep come in and prove their system with a demo if possible.

Some sales reps will promise the moon and never deliver, sorry, bad experience with Keyence. that can be said with cognex also.

Also, Keyence is harder to set up in my opinion.

james

I have not used Datalogic's vision systems, but they have come out and done a demo. They brought the actual hardware to our facility, and then set it up, and programmed it to examine what we needed examined. It was very impressive to watch it on the screen, as it went through the 'go/no-go' process.

I have used quite a few of Datalogic's image based scanners, and they have done a really good job.

I deal with both companies fairly regularly. I think you can typically save some money by going with Cognex, however which one I pick or favor is typically based on application.

For pattern recognition I like Cognex and it seems to work quite well.

If I want to measure features on an object then I prefer keyence as I find their tools to be easier to setup for these applications.