Determining heat loss on Modicon M580

tidwellctx87

I'm currently working on a project where we are utilizing Modicon M580 hot standby PLC's. So, two processor racks and two RIO racks in each cabinet.

I've been tasked with calculating the heat load for these panels and I can't for the life of me find any of the power dissipation data on these modules. Schneider's datasheets off their website don't seem to have any of this information. I was able to find some data on the power supply modules on another website but the trail goes cold from there.

I'm currently working on a project where we are utilizing Modicon M580 hot standby PLC's. So, two processor racks and two RIO racks in each cabinet.

I've been tasked with calculating the heat load for these panels and I can't for the life of me find any of the power dissipation data on these modules. Schneider's datasheets off their website don't seem to have any of this information. I was able to find some data on the power supply modules on another website but the trail goes cold from there.

I can't see it either but the CPU and RIO modules are supplied by the PSU anyway and the CPU consumes 200mA or so so the heat load is going to be minimal, i would say its safe to base it on the PSU alone + a % weighting factor of whatever you deem safe.

I can't see it either but the CPU and RIO modules are supplied by the PSU anyway and the CPU consumes 200mA or so so the heat load is going to be minimal, i would say its safe to base it on the PSU alone + a % weighting factor of whatever you deem safe.

That's true. I'm really just trying to get a rough estimate, and the I/O rack heat will be negligible. Power supply + 10% or something should cover it.