Runtime over a given period of time.

AdamUFS

Hello. I am working on a project on automation direct plc's. I am running several motors and have hour meters set up on them that are displayed on the HMI. The customer wants to be able to view the hours that the motor has run over the past 24 hours, past 7 days, etc. what would be a good way of doing this. Thanks.

My experience with the DL205 is very limited but I think it supports indirect addressing and/or shifting of words of data. I have no experience with the C-More (yet).

You will need to plan out the data you want to "shuffle" and leave a little room for future stuff.

Figure out how many data points and for how many days. Make sure you understand exactly what the end user wants. Sometimes you have to grill them a little bit and explain what you can do and make sure it matches up.

I typically provide run hours to two decimal places for each motor as a running forever long integer, and then another value for today. At midnight (or another specified hour) I will shuffle the daily numbers and clear today's numbers.

This will not tell the operator what time his pump started, how long it ran each time, how many times it ran today, etc. If that is what they want, a different approach may be called for. If they want a trend chart with start and stop indications for each motor, I let the HMI handle that and log it for me with little to no PLC work involved.