Logix Designer Compare Tool error message

taylor1982

Hello,

today I tried to use the Logix Designer Compare Tool (v4.10.00)
to compare two .ACD files which are created with Studio 5000 v24.
After selecting the two files and pressing ok there pops up an window with "The required version of Logix Designer is not installed".

I used the compare tool lot of times with version 19 and 20. Does anybody which could be wrong?

I have two quite similar machines but not exactly the same so I need the compare tool.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Any hints?
When I export my programm to .L5X is works, but not with .ACD.
Read about file size limitations because my .ACD is about 12MB.
But it also fails with other .ACD with about 2MB with same error message.

Do you have Studio5000 v24? As in, can you open the files you're trying to compare to edit them?

Hmm. Well I'm all out of ideas then, that error message is obviously a red herring.

I had a quick search of the RA Knowledge Base and didn't find anything either. Sorry I can't be more help!

Maybe someone else here will have some ideas though, so hang around :)

you can download studio 5000 tools 3.01.00 from rockwell automation download site, which contains logix designer compare tool version 6.0. it works for me.

I hope it will solve your problem :)

Had the same troubles.
My solution was different.

I have v24 ENGLISH and v30 FRENCH installed. By default, compare tool was using french language, therefore not finding Studio v24.

Solution is :
Compare Tool Menu
->Options
-->RSLogix Language
--->English

Cheers
dFx