Panel view 1000 Devicenet to DH+ Change

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a PV 1000 T10C10 Ser B That has from the factory the DeviceNet communication card installed. I am wondering if it is possible to change the Comm card out to a DH+ one. I am think the firmware may have to be upgraded to have it accept the new Comm card. Is this at all possible or Has any one don this? I thought I saw a post or a document on this but that was some time ago.
Thanks, Matt

One other thing I was wondering is the DeviceNet port the only way for the PV to communicate to a PLC or can you use the DF1 port to connect to the PLc?

One other thing I was wondering is the DeviceNet port the only way for the PV to communicate to a PLC or can you use the DF1 port to connect to the PLc?

Devicenet is the only way to communicate with your PLC.

The RS232 port is for upload/download of its program or it can be configured for a printer. It cannot be used to communicate with a PLC.

Thanks, Micky. That's what I thought.
Devicenet is the only way to communicate with your PLC.
Dose that mean swapping out to a DH+ card is out of the question or just for the DF1 port?
Thanks

Even though the hardware is physically modular, you cannot change the communications daughtercard on a PanelView Standard terminal.

If you attempted to load the firmware for a 2711-T10C8 (DH+) into the terminal, it would identify that the terminal is a -T10C10 and wouldn't accept it.

2711-t10c10

You cannot do that.
This motherboard is keyed to be a devicenet motherboard & it will fault with any other type of communications port.