Has anyone added a 1771-OFE2 to a SLC over RIO

lunenburger

Hey there, I have a SLC5/05 in a 13 slot rack with a 1747-SN RIO Scanner.
The scanner is connected to a PLC5 remote rack.
I have to put a 1771-OFE2 analog output card to the PLC5 remote rack.
I assume the block transfer will be similar to setting it up in a purely PLC5 rack...
Has anyone tackled this before? any tips?

Thanks

Yes I have done this recently. As you have assumed it Is very similar to the PLC 5 block transfers. The only difference is using M data files for BRW & BTR. I used the 1747-SN RIO manual which has examples for the 1771-ASB setup. Then used the modules ( in my case 1771-IFE analog input ) manual for word count and control block length. If you have more questions or issues let us know and I can post the file or give you any other information I had from when I set mine up. Good luck.