A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Hello Archie,
Back to forum after long time.
Since long I am trying to use Modbus RTU (serial)with Adv HMI.
I am trying to hook a Delta PLC on Modbus RTU serial. All hardware and port , addresses etc are confirmed by trying out on Modscan and another VB6 based appln.
With your application I get errors as below.
Index was outside the array on label control placed on screen.
Its PLC address given is 404097 (this is the modbus address of register D0 in Delta PLC).
first chance exception of type 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' occurred in AdvancedHMI.exe
A first chance exception of type 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' occurred in AdvancedHMI.exe
A first chance exception of type 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' occurred in AdvancedHMI.exe

what could be the problem?

Regards,
Shriram Pendse

Last edited:
Hi,

Just being playing around with this advancedhmi, looks quite good so far, a few questions though,
1. can it be linked to the s7-plcsim emulator?
2. their seems to be some components missing, motors valves etc have these to be purchased?
3. how do you make a bend in the pipes?

Regards Andrew

Hi Archie,
Am using your app again on some micro 1100s. I've noticed that if I change the comm method (Started with serial but now want eth) on a form, the project doesn't work anymore. I am finding that I have to create a new project and use the correct comm method first. Has anyone else noticed this?
Dave

1. can it be linked to the s7-plcsim emulator?
2. their seems to be some components missing, motors valves etc have these to be purchased?
3. how do you make a bend in the pipes?
No Siemens driver yet, but a member of this forum has been working on a version for Siemens. See this thread:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=65022&highlight=advancedhmi+libnodave

When version 3 was released, not all of the components from version 2 were converted in time. There will be another release no later than October 7th that will have those components back in and a few more added.

For the pipe, there is a "Fitting" property that give various elbows and tees.

Am using your app again on some micro 1100s. I've noticed that if I change the comm method (Started with serial but now want eth) on a form, the project doesn't work anymore. I am finding that I have to create a new project and use the correct comm method first. Has anyone else noticed this?
When you change the driver, you have to also change the CommComponent property on all of the controls. This tells the controls where to get the data from. This property also allows you to use data from multiple PLCs in the same project.

Thanks for the update I like the SquareIlluminatedButton. For some reason my .Net Framework 4 install didn't include Chart Controls so I had to install it seperate to avoid warnings.

For those interested, I posted an update to AdvancedHMI. It includes an SNP-X driver and more than a half dozen additional components.
I tried the SNP-X driver with an old 90-20 I have at home. I was able to use a screen push button to turn off/on an output and also display a timer on the screen.

I haven't had much time to play around, but look forward to having an inexpensive HMI for various projects.

hi, ive recently started using the advancedhmi with twincat, all mysetting appaer to be correct although with any component i try to use i get

"no response from twincat (getsymbolnpo)"

was wondering what could could be causing this.

thanks

hi, ive recently started using the advancedhmi with twincat, all mysetting appaer to be correct although with any component i try to use i get

"no response from twincat (getsymbolnpo)"

was wondering what could could be causing this.

thanks
The current TwinCAT driver will not run on the same PC that has TwinCAT installed. After you build the project, copy the exe from the bin directory and run that in another PC that has a network connection to the TwinCAT runtime

thanks for that.

can only the variables in the main program be used by the HMI, or is it possible to use the
system manager variable as well?

can only the variables in the main program be used by the HMI, or is it possible to use the
system manager variable as well?
Only variables in the TwinCAT program can be accesses. If there is an IO point in System Manager you wanted to connect to, then you would need to create a variable in TwinCAT and link that to System Manager.

I just want to say "Thank you" for sharing. I have been watching this thread for most of the three years it has been running. Just recently I needed to do some simulation with the SLC500 and had no hardware at all. After setting up RS500 Emulate, some Virtual serial Port software and your program posted on SourceForge, I was able to get the simulation done. I did have a small problem using the 3.11Beta concerning the DF1Comm, but found the necessary changes you posted on the SourceForge forum. Again, thank you for sharing.

I have a couple of questions that may be simple to a VisualBasic programmer, but not to an old PLC programmer. I'm just looking for some guidance to help me understand how to modify an existing component or how to create a new component. For example, an indicator that looks like a water tank float switch, or something that looks like a moving conveyor section. How could the shape (graphics) of the Tank component be changed to look like a silo or some other style tank?

Last edited: