Computer cart

titanspark76

Wondering what everyone uses for a computer cart? I'm looking for something to be used in the shop. Currently use a fold up table, but want something a little more permanent and easier to move around. Will continue to use a fold up table when traveling.
what I'd like to do is to permanently leave a monitor, keyboard and mouse on the cart and only have to attach my laptop to it when using (maybe include a docking station) I like to have plenty of work room so would like to mount the monitor using a vexa mount. Something like the below, but not sure how well the vexa mount would attach or if the weight of the monitor would make it unstable. If someone has experience with the below cart or have something else to suggest that'd fit the bill I'd appreciate it.

https://www.amazon.com/Luxor-AVJ42KBDL-Height-Adjustable-Pullout/dp/B00DYA6A84/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1507077707&sr=8-13&keywords=Computer+cart+Luxor

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Single...F8&qid=1507080285&sr=8-12&keywords=vesa+mount

Bag of ready mix concrete on that bottom shelf will keep you stable!

I just have a few Ethernet jack points in the workshop. Stay at my desk, guys just plug in the panel with a patch lead when it's ready. I configure the IPs of the gear before it gets installed.

Works for us because most of my stuff is standard and it's merely a case of connect, download, run through IO test (done via HMI) and off we go.

Bit flash - lucky to get a cable drum as a table and an empty chlorine bucket as a chair! LOL

Bit flash - lucky to get a cable drum as a table and an empty chlorine bucket as a chair! LOL

This:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Po...07135192&sr=8-9&keywords=mini+wireless+router

Si I just remain at my desk, the days of balancing on a up turned box and what ever else are long gone.

You can even power it from 24vdc, so even when On Site, you are wire free so no idiots tripping over your cable and you watching your laptop hit the deck.
Years of startups at various project sites have taught me to provide for myself.

Various times - A corner of the contractor's table next to our control panel.

1995 - Some cheap little folding stand barely larger than my laptop and an upturned bucket while they built the plant around me.

2002 - With help from Purchasing but not the front office, I added a half card table and two folding chairs to my supplies. When the Engineer's controls engineer started leaning on it, I offered to remove the valve stems from his car if he dumped my new laptop on the floor. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

2005 - Picnic table left in the control room by the electrical contractor, replaced by a proper countertop several years later.

Now - We have several folding tables and chairs to throw in the car when we travel.