Supporting older verisons of Wonderware

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
Since Wonderware only allows you to have a single version installed on your machine, what's your method to support older version runtime applications without upgrading the existing version.

if a customers calls with a simple task like adding a push button or a new alarm to the HMI, I don't want to spend the time to upgrade runtime client to my development version.

Dedicated laptops? VM? Download development on each Panel PC and transfer my development license over during the modification?

From what I gather from reading posts here VMware appears to be one of the most popular options, also makes moving to a newer machine relatively painless. I personally don't use them because I have no need.

I personally have 27 different VM's. But I have to have WW from 4.2 all the way up to the latest. I even have a Windows 3.11 machine for one customer who wants a change about once every 2 years on an old Nematron that refuses to die.